TYC Photo Scavenger Hunt
Since our first photo scavenger hunt was such a hit we’re hosting another one during the Spring 2016 crawl! Since most of us like to take photos of our adventure as we crawl and post them to social media we will host an event over Instagram. There are 10 different types of photos you can take, and when you post them to Instagram with the hashtag #TYCSpringScavenger2016 you’re entered into a drawing to win a great prize! How awesome is that?
- Contest is over Instagram only – (a free app that can be downloaded onto your smartphone)
- No more than 10 entries per person
- Each photo counts as one entry
- No more than one type of entry per person (see below)
- Must be tagged with#TYCSpringScavenger2016 to count as an entry
- Must be following @TriangleYarnCrawl on Instagram
- Your Instagram account must be public or we can’t see your entries
- Photos should be taken over the crawl weekend and posted by 9pm April 17th.
- Winner will be selected at random after the crawl and announced over Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Winner must be willing to meet with a TYC organizer in or near the Raleigh area to claim their prize
Types of Entries:
Picture at the kickoff event
Picture of your kickoff event donation
Picture with a sheep or alpaca (real or fake)
Picture with a yarn you love
Picture in front of or outside a participating shop
Picture of your WIP
Picture of a book or magazine display at a participating shop
Picture with a fellow crawler
Picture of a meal or snack (on your lunch break while crawling) with yarn or WIP
Picture of something you’ve made with yarn from a participating shop
- Do I have to have a smartphone?
- Yes, Instagram is a smartphone-only app
- Do I have to use Instagram? Can’t I use some other social media account?
- For this event we are only going to accept entries over Instagram. We may include other social media accounts if we do it again in the future
- Can I just post nine pics of myself in front of each store, or several of the kickoff?
- No, only one photo of each entry type will be counted, so only one in front of a shop, only one of your WIP, etc. You can by all means post them but only tag one of each entry type with #TYCScavenger2015
- Can I use pictures I took at a previous event?
- No, we ask that only pictures taken during the Fall 2015 crawl event are used.
- What if I can’t go to the Kickoff Event?
- There are still other entry types that you can take photos of, so still plenty of chances to win.
Photo in front of a participating shop or photo with a fellow crawler
Photo of your WIP
Photo of your yarn or WIP with lunch/snack
Photo with a sheep
Have a great time!